This portal comes on the heels of the equinox, with the full charge of spring. Positioned in a restless embrace between Uranus, Lord of Genius, and Mercury, ruler of mental activity, it intensifies the excitement of Aries’ life urge.
The Sabian symbol describes: The Cameo Profile Of A Man, Suggesting The Shape Of His Country. As Terry Lamb points out, this symbol speaks to our potential for leadership.
The following ceremony and affirmations connect this potential with the divine impulse of the Equinox New Moon.
- A candle, preferably red or pink
- Incense, preferably myrrh, carnation, or green tea
- Geraniums, cactus or aloe
- White quartz or ruby
New Moon Portal Awakening Leadership Ceremony
1. Light your incense, as you say something like,
This is an offering for the angels of leadership, whose assistance I request to recognize and activate my innate capacity for divine leadership in accordance with my highest purpose now.
2. Light your candle, saying,
Divine power now brings to light the hero, the heroine within me, who rises to the occasion of this lifetime.
3. Make a written list of occasions in which you have taken the lead effectively in the past, over yourself, your projects, your situation or your life.
4. Spend a few minutes reflecting on the wellness, satisfaction and inspiration these memories arouse. (If done in a group, take turns sharing examples from this list.)
5. In the light of this reflection, scan your current life situation, and write down three or more areas that require leadership on your behalf, situations you have put on stand-by, whether because you are waiting for people or circumstances which don’t seem to respond, or simply due to your own doubts or inertia.
6. Establish, in writing, one clear goal for each situation.
7. Repeat words like those that follow during at least 7 minutes, slowly and with attention.
Today, I stop waiting for people or circumstances to lead my actions. I consider my own criterion, and do what I can to act on it. The Universe responds to this clarity; circumstances, resources and connections naturally flow in support of my determination now.
8. Conclude your ceremony by giving thanks to the divine helpers for this intent and share your leadership empowerment with others by repeating words like these three times:
My thoughts and actions affirm my leadership, and support the leadership within all others now.
From now until the next New Moon, start each day by connecting with your purpose and writing down concrete steps –large or small– you can take to further it. Before moving on these, repeat affirmations as suggested in the last two steps above.
In these sensitive times, the world needs new leadership. The square between Uranus, the Liberator, and Pluto, Prince of Control, moves us to ask what exactly can this mean, to search for new paradigms of power.
As we heed and cultivate our own leadership potential, we support the birth of a higher path for the collective, in which each of us, like the man in the symbol whose face “suggests his country”, can make a mark.