We’re in a free-fall into future. We don’t know where we’re going. Things are changing so fast, and always when you’re going through a long tunnel, anxiety comes along. And all you have to do to transform your hell into a paradise is to turn your fall into a voluntary act. It’s a very interesting shift of perspective and that’s all it is… joyful participation in the sorrows and everything changes. ~Joseph Campbell
In 2016, be prepared for nearly all our old assumptions about living only in linear digital time, by the calendar and the clock, to be shown to be as archaic as those ancient beliefs of the Sun revolving round the Earth. The shift in frequencies from cardinal to mutable will remind us that there is a timing for all things and that attempting to impose our own timetable upon that of an ever-expanding universe will simply meet with resistance until we get back with the program and connected with the flow.
As Saturn in Sagittarius squares Neptune in Pisces and the Node of Fate in Virgo, Chronos encounters Chairos. Clock time encounters time out of time. Confusing? Definitely. Disorienting? Certainly.
Back to the Future
In 2016 the Great Attractor, Saturn, Neptune, the maverick Centaurs and the eclipses have the potential to create some of the most polarising experiences of your life. Will you choose Definition or Dissolution? A flight into spiritual inflation or material concretism? If you tend to want to live in an idealized world, escaping mundane reality through seeking only the highs, Saturn will bring reality checks until you walk your talk in mundane daily life. Spiritual passion can become punishing when it arises from the hollowness of your psyche rather than the fullness of your Soul.
At the other pole, if you cling to a need for certainty and control, for routines and predictability, Neptune will disorient you so you familiarize yourself with confusion, doubt and a willingness to trust whatever happens. The way through the labyrinth is to master the art of living In Time and Through Time at the same time, to find the common ground between the extremes of form and formlessness and how each polarity connects you with your divine nature that transcends both—seeing round the bend, becoming exquisitely responsive to the multiple options that shape your future whilst being in the Now.
Through Time Astrology
Key Words: reality, structure, detail, building, planning, linear thinking
- Saturn, Lord of Time and Karma, and Centaur Pholus in Sagittarius—the buck stops here
- Jupiter and the North Node in Virgo—sweat the small stuff
In Time Astrology
Key Words: unity, oneness, infinity, leaps of intuition, parallel processing
- Centaur Nessus, Neptune, Centaur Chiron and Borasisi in far seeing Pisces
- The retrogrades of Mercury, Jupiter and Mars from January to June 2016—slowing time into a Moebius strip of a repeating loop
- The Nodes of Fate eclipsing the Pisces/Virgo axis—the karmic intersection of the material and the soul plane
Now, factor in the facts that the Lord of Time and Karma, Chiron and the eclipses of March 9 and September 16 will be aligning with the Great Attractor in mid-Sagittarius and we start to get a sense of the immensity of the shift. Neither black hole nor quasar, the Great Attractor is a huge mysterious gravitational force “slowly sipping upon a liquid flow of galaxies, drawing them into its huge gravitational grip at an astonishing 600 km/sec (Philip Sedgwick).” The Great Attractor bends both space and time, giving a simultaneous view of the past, present and future. It appears to be receding from us and approaching us at the same time, and heading in both directions at an almost impossibly fast pace.
The Chandra Symbol for the Great Attractor is revealing:
A tidal wave approaching.
The momentum of collective events runs toward floodtide when there is a major transition from one whole cycle to another. The personal life stream runs in similar patterns. When you’re getting ready to take off in a whole different direction, there is first a transition that is both immensely exciting and fantastically disturbing. You feel just about swept away by the oncoming changes and just before they really get going, the tension, the pressure, and the strain can tear you apart. You want to go with it, yet you yearn for sanctuary. This keen ambivalence gets loaded with desire, anticipation, memory pictures, and utopian visions. The mix is volatile. Learning how to ride this wave is such a great endeavour that it, in itself, becomes what it is all about. The consummate opportunity to open wide, but stay substantively firm and concentrated. Mastery or bust. The infinite future or wipe-out. A spine-tingler all the way.
Recoding your Time-Line
With the eclipses across Virgo/Pisces throughout 2016 until 28 April 2017 our mission is to learn how to build an overarching soul bridge between them.
- Practice discriminating awareness, or discriminating (Virgo) wisdom (Pisces), as the Tibetans would call it. This is when the critical mind works as the servant (Virgo) of the compassionate heart (Pisces).Criticism can be compassionate and constructive, without losing any of its impact.
- Develop the art of helicopter vision—seeing the forest and the trees, able to be on your Witness perch yet able to drop into the details.
- Be like the lotus, floating on the water yet rooted in the mud.
- Go with the flow. This isn’t about being passive or lazy. It’s not about just letting things happen to you. It’s not aimless wandering. It’s a co-creative act. Going with the flow is responding to cues from the universe. When you go with the flow, you’re surfing the Life Force. It’s about wakeful trust and total collaboration with what’s showing up for you.
- Stop chasing goals. Burn your detailed five-year plan. And you can certainly worry less about the right move/wrong move. You’re not nuts, or submissive or lazy if you go free-form. Stop planning and just do. Stop looking at the future, and live in the moment. Stop trying to control others and focus instead on being kind to them.
- Learn that trusting your values is more important to taking action than desiring and striving for certain outcomes.
- Take each step lightly, with balance, in the moment, guided by those values and what you’re passionate about, rather than trying to plan the next 1,000 steps and where you’ll end up.
- Learn to accept the world as it is, rather than being annoyed with it, stressed by it, mad at it, despaired by it, or trying to change it into what you want it to be.
- Become a Free-Form Artist. Or a Flow Ninja. With keen senses, skilled daring, and the heart of a warrior. You’re daring to catch a wave of truth, again, and again, and again. Go with it.