Mayas predictions for the New Moon point to an apt time to "tend our gardens", as we pay attention to distinguishing between our higher and lower selves- or we could say, our higher and lower gardens. One type of gardening which is always on a higher frequency is that of cultivating gratitude, directed precisely to whatever area of our lives or selves we would most like to improve.
Whatever you concentrate on tends to multiply. Gratitude accelerates this principle beneficently by focusing your emotionally charged attention on the existing blessings. Gratitude is also a way of givingrecognition, praise, love and appreciationthus keeping your channels open to receive more of what you want, as well as consolidating the good which you have already received.
We can read that Jesus fed thousands after giving thanks for "seven loaves and a few small fish." Christs vibrational frequency and power of concentration were exceptionally fine-tuned, permitting extraordinary results from just a few words of thanks, but the principle He demonstratedmultiplication of good through gratitudeoperates in us and through us each time we make a point of praising whatever blessings we have on hand, however scarce or small they may seem.
Gratitude is also important to consolidate and maintain those blessings we have already received. Its easy to forget how much we hoped and prayed for something once weve received it. A conscious act of thanks helps keep us from digressing to a spiritually insensitive mode once our wishes have been granted, insuring that the good attained does not slip through the fingers of our unconsciousness.
This aspect of gratitudes power is illustrated by another biblical example: the ten lepers healed by Jesus. They departed immediately after their miracles, only one of them remembering to return and give thanks. As author G. Lindsay has said, perhaps only that one retained his healing.
Buddism teaches gratitude as a tool towards illumination, helping us relax our mental grasp on the past and the future as we contemplate our present good.
The advantage of invoking this principle during the current New Moon cycle is further underscored by the fact that the Sabian symbol Maya cites for the corresponding degree of Taurus stresses, "REWARD TO THE FAITHFUL." The rewards to she or he that persists in giving thanks, even in the midst of trying appearances, come loaded with the miraculous potency only the Higher Power can insure.
Last but by no means least, this New Moon cycle begins precisely around daybreak on U.S. Mothers Day. This celebration focuses on expressing love for the human being to whom we can be most singularly grateful, our mother. Even in those cases when we may consider it imperfect, of all the relationships during our lives, our mother is the person who has given us the most of herself, in the most unconditionally generous way, ever since she put her own body directly on the line in order to incarnate us. Usually, Mom is the person who will love us most completely, consistently and with the least expectations in return. She is apt to be the most concerned and helpful for our welfare throughout her life, despite whatever else may change in our development or circumstances (and also despite the impediments some moms appear to have in expressing their love).
For all this and for many other reasons each of us will remember as we reflect on the opportunity this holiday provides to reconnect with the indispensable gifts our mothers have shared since our appearance on the earth plane, the person from whose womb we have come, or she that took on that role in our lives, is almost always the earthly expression most like that of our Divine Mother, Spirit. (It is no coincidence that Mothers Day always takes place while the Sun is in Taurus, the sign of the creative, abundant goddess; and most years comes on or around the New Moon in Taurus.)
As we empower or heal our relationship with our personal mother or mothering parent(s) through gratitude on this day, we also expand our opening to the Higher Power who she represents and enacts in our daily lives. Blessing and praising both human and divine maternal expressions, our own good through and from their presence throughout our lives (including the past) cannot help but multiply.
PART I: SYMBOLS OF THE ELEMENTS FOR THE MAY NEW MOON IN TAURUS
To accompany your seasonally sychronized prayers and meditations. (Note: whatever you choose to put on your altar now, please make an art of it during this new moon in taurus, which celebrates the Divine Mothershe who expresses the most opulent and elegant beauty.)
- The Earth element is especially emphasized at this time, and astrologically apropos altar symbols include: stones, such as emeralds, alabaster, moss agate; daisies, coral, any especially beautiful object or objects, particularly a musical or other personally meaningful artistic instrument (your favorite pen, paintbrush, camera, and so on).
- You may use rain or spring water in an earthenware or earthy looking vessel.
- Cream, cream yellow, or any pastel candles, are timely symbols of Fire for this New Moon.
- For the air element, find a way to use truly magnificent music, which could be playedand sung, pleaseby you and any other participants as you begin and close your Taurus New Moon ceremony.
You may also choose to include an image of your own mother, and/or other mother figure/s on your altar now, or another representation of the divine mother, such as Guadalupe, a favorite teacher, Gaia, and so on (your beautiful, opulent self!).
PART II: GUIDES AND HEALERS
Those who wish to call on guides and angels at this time to assist in prayer focusing, may find them particularly easy to reach or hear from, and may choose to include any of the following:
The Divine Mother
The Angel of Mothers
Your mothers personal angel or angels
The Angel of Abundance
Archangel Chamuel (Angel of Gratitude)
Simon Zelotes (Disciple of Christ)
Archangel Zadquiel and Amethyst (guardians of prayers, and of Atlantis, submerged area still in need of planetary healing that include the seas around New York and Florida)
Guadalupe (Originally TonantzinMother of the Gods and Goddesses in Mesoamerica, Divine Mother of the Americasexpression of the Divine Love Principal which is currently working to harmonize the mental vibration of the US.)
The Angel of Planetary Healing
The Angel of Planet Earth
The Christ Mind
The Feminine Manifestation of the Christ
The Feminine Manifestation of the Buddha
If you wish to summon such helpers before beginning your own prayers and meditations, and/or your own angel(s) or guides, and any other beings "of the high white light alone" (a good phrase for protection when summoning spirits or guides), you may call on them out loud or in writing. You might say or write something like,
"I greet you and bless you for your work of divine service and guidance, and request your assistance in opening my awareness and love towards the Divine Mother through an attitude of gratitude, as well as to my own, personal mother, and myself as mother or mother figure."
PART III: SEVEN STEPS TO POTENTIALIZE AND/OR HEAL YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR MOTHEROR ANY OTHER RELATIONSHIP WITH GRATITUDE, AND EMPOWER YOUR VIBRATION THROUGH PRAISE DURING THE CYCLE OF NEW MOON IN TAURUS
1. Notebook and writing implement in hand, bring your motheror any other relationship you wish to energize, heal or release, to mind. Write her or his name.
2. List in writing the blessings for which she has been a channel for you.
3. Ask yourself, in all seriousness and calm: Would I be willing to go without any of the blessings for which she has been a channel?
4. Give thanks, from the bottom of your heart, for all the blessings which she has given you, voluntarily or not.
5. Write the way in which you intend to express your gratitude to your mother (mother figure, or other person you have chosen for this exercise). If she is still on this plane, what an opportunity! You could choose a card, visit, call and of course a gift. Make sure you communicate your good feelings as strongly as possible along with whatever other gesture you undertake. If your personal mom has already moved on to the next plane of existence, be creative and think of something good you can do (perhaps for yourself) in her memory. Also use this Moon cycle to say an affirmative daily prayer for your mother. (Dont underestimate the importance of prayers for the departed, too.). It can be something simple, like:
Divine love is at work in you and in your life to guide and assist you in all your ways. I see you whole, successful, happy and strong.
6. Bathe yourself in gratitude throughout this Taurus Moon Cycle. Read your list of mother blessings. On rising, thank the Divine Mother for the new day, for Her guidance throughout it, and for the many blessings and happy surprises She has in store for you throughout each day. Before sleeping, make a list of the blessings you have received and give thanks for them. Each day, as much as possible, keep your mind on whatever you can be grateful for at all times, to life, or the Higher Power in general, and to all those who have participated as channels of your good.
7. Stay tuned for more tools to culminate your praiseful empowerment at this months Full Moon.