by Crystal Pomeroy
"The world is but a canvas to our imaginations."
This full moon reminds us of the necessity of understanding, and especially, of applying, Jesus teaching that "Ye are Gods." Maya has pointed out the great "energy to accomplish--whatever one desires" at this time, as well as an inner sense of, "We are the rulers and we can do what we want," and an enormous emphasis on the future. What better help could we have to carry out our New Years resolutions and manifest our visualizations?
Maya also speaks of the possibility of ruthlessness and abuse. Perhaps some of us feel a bit out of sorts in the face of current world events, subject to forces that would seem to threaten our personal sphere of influence, our futures and those of our descendents, inheritors of this planet.
Ironically, when we let ourselves be discouraged and overwhelmed by the possibility of ruthless or abusive treatment or other apparently threatening experiences, we do indeed put ourselves in a position to be usurped. One of the most powerful measures we can take to avoid the consequences of others undesirable agendas is to exercise our own unlimited spiritual powers, such as decision, imagination, faith and love.
Is our traditional New Years sense of enthusiasm and joy overshadowed by appearances that seem to imply that our accustomed world of secure opportunity and justice may be endangered? This year, more than any other, is the time to actively exercise the divinity within us: to begin living in our imagination our very highest dreams with the absolute conviction that they can and will manifest. As we assume the reigns of our own godliness, the false gods of outer limitations will dissolve before us like mist before sunlight.
This fact cannot be modified by outer circumstances, as we are dealing with spiritual principles. When we proceed forward in strengthened faith in those immovable forces within us, despite the most challenging appearances, we recover our spiritual innocence, the "purity of understanding" underscored by the Sabian symbol, closer to the childlike condition Jesus called necessary in order to enter the Monarchdom of Heaven.
The current Full Moon portal gives us enormous support to assert the best in and for ourselves and others, shedding bright light on our awareness of those behaviors, habits and other appearances we would like to eclipse in order to express our highest destiny for this lifetime.
Accompanying us in our journey towards empowered manifestation are many additional archetypal forces, associated with the New Years vortex around the world. The Angels of Endings and Beginnings participate in all cyclic shifts. As the Winter Solstice precedes New Year, they and many other helpers are doubly emphasized at this time, and have been included in the Guides and Helpers section of this meditation.
SYMBOLS OF THE ELEMENTS FOR THE DECEMBER MOON CYCLES AND CEREMONIES (TO ADD TO OR CREATE SEASONALLY SYNCHRONIZED ALTARS.)
"Just as I appreciate ritual for making some truths clear to me, I appreciate my altar, through which I acknowledge and experience that sacred space within me." Anne Gariazzo
- The Winter Solstice earth element can be present as a tree, or any type of green plant, especially evergreens. Pine, holly, oak, juniper and cedar traditionally represent lifes continuity, protection and abundance. Ivy is associated with fidelity, protection, healing, marriage, victory (especially by spiritual means), honor and good fortune. Any green decorations: branches, leaves, boughs, and sprigs, invite the Solstice spirits. Wreathes are especially meaningful, as the circle is a solstice symbol. Baked goods in circular shapes are also a beautiful, earthy accent (grains are a timely symbol of abundance and fertility).
- You can use melted snow, rain or tap water in an attractive vessel, or sparkling cider or wine in a goblet or bottle.
- Timely symbols of fire could be lit in your hearth, and bright yellow, and/or red and green candles (the latter look very festive and beautiful decorated with ribbon of the opposite color twisted around them).
- For the air element, you could burn pine boughs or incense, and/or play seasonal music.
Timely additions for the Full Moon-Lunar Eclipse window beginning December 30, 2002:
- A picture of your Divine Self, with or without partner or physical/spiritual family, graced with or under a green sprig or sprigs, or within a wreath.
- A picture of Planet Earth, graced with or under a green sprig, or within a wreath.
- An image of Isis (symbolism explained below in "guides and angels").
- An image of Inanna (symbolism explained below in "guides and angels").
- An image of Janus (Roman God of January, depicted in profile with one face looking forward and another back).
- A sign with the word "Pax," written or drawn attractively (symbolism explained below in "Guides and Angels").
- A picture or figure of deer, in honor the great female Spirit known as the Deer Mother to indigenous North Americans.
GUIDES AND ANGELS
Those who wish to call on guides and angels at this time to assist in prayer focusing, may choose to include any of the following:
The Angels of Endings and Beginnings
The Divine Dreamer Within
The Angel of Freedom from the illusion of fear
Isis (whose resurrection of Osiris was celebrated in the first days of January, marking the Egyptian New Year).
Inanna (the Divine Mother in Ancient Sumeria, whose birthday at this time also marked the New Year there).
Pax (Goddess of Peace, honored in ancient Rome in the beginning of January)
The Angel of Inner and Outer Peace
Archangel Zadquiel and Amethyst (guardians of Atlantis, submerged area still in need of planetary healing that include the seas around New York and Florida)
The Divine Mother
Venus, Goddess of Love
Guadalupe (originally TonantzinMother of the Gods and Goddesses in Mesoamerica, Divine Mother of the Americas expression of the Divine Love Principal which is currently working to harmonize the mental vibration of the US.)
The Angel of Planetary Healing
The Angel of Planet Earth
The Christ Mind
If you wish to summon such helpers before beginning your own prayers and meditations, and/or your own angel(s) or guides, and any other beings "of the high white light alone" (a good phrase for protection when summoning spirits or guides, especially during this season), you may call on them out loud or in writing. You might say or write something like,
"I greet you and bless you for your work of divine service and guidance, and request your assistance in freeing the Divine Dreamer and Creator that I truly am, despite any appearances to the contrary."
DECEMBER 30 FULL MOON-LUNAR ECLIPSE PRAYERS: LIGHT THE WORLD AS YOU STIR THE OMNIPOTENT DREAMER WITHIN
1. In the most relaxed position possible (that you can sustain without going to sleep), focus your attention on the center of your chest, and ask yourself what your absolutely highest dream for your life would be at this time. Release any expectations or limitations you (or others) would place on yourself, in terms of the direction your life seems to have now, what youve done before, what you should do, or how you should live. If you are a shaman and the stirring of your heart now tells you that you would love to run a restaurant, thats O.K. If you are a computer program designer and your heart now says you want to be an internationally successful astrologer and author, great. If you are a homemaker and mother of three, and you now discover thats your most wonderful life mission, but that youd rather do it in a houseboat, touché.
2. Briefly, write down the central activity and outstanding characteristics of your dream life, including spiritual direction or goals, and whatever other inner and outer features seem vital to your hearts dream, such as self-esteem, atmosphere of your home, work, recognition, material prosperity, service, and so on. Most Daykeeper readers have doubtless written similar lists before. At this time, place special emphasis on listening to your very inmost desires, and believing the greatest, most audacious dreams they present, with the absolute conviction that nothing less than the greatest power in the Universe will manifest them.
Some examples of spiritual dreams from our prayer ministry included,
"I want to fortify my inner awareness of love, so that I live in it all the time."
"I wish to continue to expand my faith and sense of inner freedom."
"Continue to put Spirit in first place, and help others to do the same."
Professionally, one woman wrote,
"I want to have a great big, beautiful stationary store." (She currently has a small one, along with other businesses she doesnt thrive on so much.)
A dentist, whos also a housewife and mother, and currently studying a specialty in orthodontics, was surprised to discover,
"I want to be a well-paid, internationally successful, motivational speaker."
A single (again) executive sees herself as
"a wife and mother, I can see myself working, too, in some activity that allows me great freedom of movement."
3. Write your greatest, most amazing intentions for some person, group or situation you would particularly like to assist.
4. Finally, write your happiest visions for the direction of Planet Earth, including such elements as spiritual direction and physical, environmental situations.
5. At the top of a new page, write:
The Almighty, All-loving Force of Spirit is with us, eclipsing and eliminating...
Below this decree, list those behaviors, habits, and conditions that you feel as necessary to clear away before your dreams can manifest.
Some of our groups examples included:
"Limitations in my love nature towards myself and others."
"Grasping onto situations and people by thinking about them when Im not with them or in them."
"Responding with automatic aggression whenever I feel my partner speaks to me that way."
"Resistance to self-discipline."
"Doubting my own capacity."
"Fear of change."
6. Slowly read over your list of desires for yourself, another and the world, imagining that they are already real.
7. Repeat a decree like the following for seven minutes:
By the unlimited powers vested in me, I now pronounce this or something better as manifested in Spirit. Nothing can keep our Highest Good from coming to us now.
8. Write one or more ways in which you can spend at least one hour every day, to work toward the manifestation of your desires (plus fifteen minutes to repeat Steps 5 through 7).
All rights reserved 1999-2002. Copyright © 2001, 2002.